Life is so very, very good! I just attended the SIBA Spring Forum and had the opportunity to meet several of this year’s Okra Pick authors (Taylor Brown, Gina Kolata and Michael Knight) and a couple of prior Okra Pick authors (Joshilyn Jackson and Patti Callahan Henry) at the Spring Forum dinner. I sat at the table with Joshilyn Jackson and she is absolutely delightful. What a wit! All of the authors were generous with their time and talent; they gave us all their latest books and signed them for us. I will be talking more in depth about each of them in the coming weeks on the book-ish Facebook page, so check in often.
- The lower level project to redecorate and update is almost done!
- I ordered a large shipment of new books and they are arriving several times a week!
- There are so many great books, especially by indie authors, coming out soon. I have a lot of them on order.
- I am close to scheduling several authors for book signing events.
- I am finalizing several upcoming promotions, so stay tuned!
- My TBR pile is monstrous…towering…so many great books to read…squeee!
- The lower level project was to be done by now, so I am a little bummed because I am behind the schedule I had imagined. It was a bit ambitious, but…still…
- The off-season here in Cashiers is much slower than I anticipated. It can be soul crushing.
- I screwed up a customer’s order. This made me really unhappy because I pride myself on delivering excellent customer service. But I bombed on this one. I hate disappointing people.
- Although I have read approximately 12 books in the last two weeks, I still have not miracuously developed the ability to write a compelling book review, let alone prose that would make anyone weep. #goals